If your physician has advised you that a surgical procedure is necessary, please be aware of the following guidelines regarding payment for any surgical services:
- Our surgical coordinators will contact your insurance company to determine any estimated portion of your payment prior to surgery.
- You will be required to pay a 50 percent down payment and put a credit or debit card on file for any remaining responsibility once your claim has been fully processed.
- Payment must be made within 48 hours of the surgery date scheduled. Failure to make payment and set up a card on file may result in the postponement or cancellation of your surgery.
- Any outstanding balances must be paid prior to surgery.
Credit card on file is a service we provide to help with ease of payment after insurance claims are paid and final patient responsibility is determined. Valuable features to this service include:
- Ability to set a limit as to how much can be charged (this amount cannot be less than the estimated patient responsibility determined).
- Five-day notification prior to charges being applied, allowing patients to notify us of any concerns or need to change the card placed on file at the time of service.
- Ease of payment – payments are automatic after a claim is paid and balance is strictly according to the responsibility assigned by the insurance company. No waiting for statements or having to remember to mail a payment.
- Email notification that payment has processed.
If for any reason you are unable to pay up front or leave a card on file, we offer Care Credit for your convenience. Care Credit is subject to credit approval. Plans may be set up for six months interest free. Please ask our staff for a brochure for further information.