Take the First Aid/Emergency Quiz
Test your knowledge of first aid by taking this quiz.
1. If you need to call 911 in an emergency, what should you tell the dispatcher?
2. Which healthcare providers are you likely to find in a hospital emergency department?
3. One way to prepare for an emergency is to keep a list of important phone numbers programmed into your cellphone or posted somewhere visible. Which of these numbers should be included on the list?
4. In which cases should you call an ambulance instead of driving to the hospital ER?
5. As a nonmedical person, how often should you get recertified in CPR?
6. Which of these should your home first aid kit include?
7. If a person has a bleeding wound, what should you do?
8. A person has pale or bluish skin color, cold skin, and dull or sunken eyes. These are symptoms of which health emergency?
9. What should you put on a minor (first-degree) burn?