How Much Do You Know About Menopause?
Test your knowledge of menopause by taking this quiz.
1. At about what age does menopause typically begin?
2. A person is considered to be in menopause after they have missed how many menstrual cycles?
3. What factors can cause premature menopause?
4. Hot flashes are symptoms of the perimenopausal stage. How many perimenopausal people have them?
5. A blood test can help confirm if you are beginning menopause. The test measures the level of which of these?
6. What is the most serious negative effect of menopause?
7. How much bone loss does a person have in the first 5 years of menopause?
8. Hormone therapy eases some of the negative effects of menopause. Which of these hormones is used?
9. If a person goes through menopause after age 50, how long should they keep using some form of birth control?