Take the Sprains and Strains Quiz
Sprain? Strain? The terms for these injuries sound so similar, what’s the difference? Find out by taking this quiz.
1. If you have a sprain, it means you’ve injured a ligament.
2. In a strain, a muscle or tendon is involved.
3. The most common site for a sprain is the wrist.
4. A typical sprain occurs when you misstep and land on the side of your foot.
5. One symptom of a sprain may be a popping sound from the affected joint when the injury occurs.
6. You should see your healthcare provider for a sprain if you can’t move or put weight on the injured joint.
7. The back is a common site for strains.
8. A muscle spasm can be a symptom of a strain.
9. You should treat a sprain or strain by putting moist heat on it right away.
10. Wearing shoes that fit properly is one way to prevent a sprain or strain.